If your Apple device is running on iOS7, it’s really important to quickly make sure you have turned off your Find My iPhone, (a.k.a. “Activation Lock”).
If you do not turn it off before mailing in your device, we will revise your offer price or return your device to you since we cannot inspect the device. But don’t fret! We will give you the opportunity to turn off Find My iPhone remotely even after you've mailed us your device.
How to turn off Find My iPhone on your device:
1. Open your Settings icon on your device’s home screen:
2. Tap iCloud in the Settings menu:
3. If you see that Find my iPhone is turned on, tap it to turn it off:
4. Next, you’ll see a window pop up where you'll need to enter your Apple ID password. Then, tap Turn off to confirm:
5. You’re done! Your Find My iPhone is turned off and you’re ready to mail your phone to us.
Need to know how to turn off Find My iPhone remotely in iCloud? Learn more here.
This process to turn off Find My iPhone above follows Apple's best practices.